Gordon County Schools Exceptional Student Services department archives and stores special education records for a limited time according to the Georgia Education Retention Schedules.
Special Education records for students who have not been active in a ESS program since 2007-2008 are scheduled for destruction June 10, 2015. Any person desiring to obtain his/her records may contact the Gordon County ESS Office, 205 Warrior Path NE, Calhoun, GA 30701, 706-629-4474. The file will be held for you to pick up.
Gordon County Schools Public Notice of Private/Home Schools Consultation Stakeholder Meeting for Students with Disabilities
On May 6, 2015, from 10:00-11:00 AM at the GCBOE Green Conference Room, a stakeholder meeting will be held to provide consultation to private/home schools representatives required by IDEA 2004. Gordon County Schools Director of Special Education will discuss the following:
1. The Child Find process and how parentally placed private/homeschool children with disabilities can participate
2. The determination of the proportionate share amount of federal funds available to serve parentally placed private/home school children with disabilities, including how that amount was calculated.
3. The consultation procedures among LEA, private school representatives and how the process with operate
4. How, where, and by whom special education services and related services will be provided for parentally placed private/home school children with disabilities, including a discussion of the type of services
5. How the LEA will provide a written explanation to private school officials of the reason why the LEA chose not to provide services if the LEA and private school officials disagree.